Welcome to episode #029 of the SDS Podcast. Here we go!
Today's guest is Chief Data Scientist Ben Taylor
We are joined today by a highly accomplished Deep Learning expert and enthusiast. Tune in to hear Ben Taylor share his well thought-out views on Artificial Intelligence and its place in the world of our future.
Ben also offers valuable advice and experience as a startup co-founder about building a startup in the space of Machine Learning in these exciting times.
This is a truly exciting episode – let’s dive in!
In this episode you will learn:
- Why Recruitment is Ready for AI Disruption (14:36)
- Advice for Anyone Looking to Build a Startup in Data Science/Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (27:24)
- A Crash Course in Deep Learning (30:11)
- Things that are Difficult for Computers (44:42)
- Things Machines can do Better than Humans (48:18)
- How Much of a Threat is AI to Humans? (54:10)
Items mentioned in this podcast:
- Ben’s video with coding examples
- Sam Harris TED Talk “Can we build AI without losing control over it?”
- Hard Work Won’t Make You a Data Scientist
- Data Science Type E
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries